Key features of IDS PictureDesk
- Market leading search capabilities including Visual Search and StarTracker™
- Live feed of great content from a range of specialist photo agencies
- Transfer files directly to internal workflow servers
- Shareable lightboxes and instant contact sheets
- MyIDS - upload content to your private IDS channel for easy storage and retrieval
Access more content in a fraction of the time
A one-stop shop for picture researchers across the industry, IDS PictureDesk gives fast moving media outlets unrivalled access to content from over 100 photo agencies and syndication libraries. Responding to our clients’ needs and suggestions over the years we have developed a host of innovative features and tools designed to increase efficiencies and simplify content acquisition.
Over the past 20 years IDS PictureDesk has become a mainstay of the picture researchers desktop, making it an essential digital asset management system. A feed of live content streaming in from events all over the world, often just moments after they have been captured by the photographers lens, means busy newsrooms can respond to consumers demand for up to the minute content in a world of rolling 24 hour news. Combined with a rich archive of content from a diverse community of photo agencies, IDS PictureDesk offers digital asset management solutions of researchers the industry over.
Reach your audience
IDS PictureDesk provides photo agencies of all sizes with a route to market. Many publishers have done away with accepting ftp feeds from suppliers, due mainly to the large overheads involved in maintaining the resources required to receive and store the content themselves. Picture researchers time too is being pinched by reduced budgets, meaning visiting multiple websites to find the best image for a brief is becoming more and more of a luxury.
By solving these challenges for publishers, IDS PictureDesk has become an essential route to market for image suppliers, putting their content in front of thousands of picture buyers every day.
IDS PictureDesk is always our first port of call, we use it every day without exceptionPicture Editor - Grazia Magazine
When I start a new picture research job I ask, where are the loos and what's my IDS login?Picture Researcher - Mail Online
IDS PictureDesk is the 3rd greatest invention of all time - after the wheel and the dishwasherPicture Editor - Daily Mirror
- Organise your published content into a fully searchable database
- Retrieve, repurpose and syndicate articles or visual content. We make content syndication easy.
- Linked files – instantly find all assets from a single page or article
- Filter content by publication, year, issue and page
- Automatic mark-up for easy billing
IDS DAM Solutions
- AI driven visual search
- Super fast file ingestion and retrieval
- Scalable - handles huge volumes ( 100M+ ) of content and large user bases
- 100% cloud-based. Comprehensive API endpoints
- Integrates with internal workflows. Dalim. WordPress, Adobe CC, Synology
- Flexible architecture
- Granular territorial rights allowing precise user access to content.
IDS Plugins and Apps
- Your IDS account made more convenient for you
- Mobile Apps for Apple and Android devices
- Adobe CC Extension available in Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro
- WordPress Plugin for accessing IDS lightboxes within the WordPress dashboard
AI Visual Search
- Use image identifiers to find similar content in both still and video archives
- Focus on the details - isolate a feature and ignore the rest
- Results returned in less than a second
- Comprehensive API endpoints for easy integration to your website or DAM
- IDS do not need to store your files